I was given a double blessing in one day – two nominations for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!! I’m so very honored, flattered, humbled, and just smiling away over here!
When I began this blogging journey I had absolutely no idea how amazing, wonderful, fulfilling, rewarding, healing, illuminating, inspiring, and encouraging it would be to me! I feel doubly blessed to receive these two awards for The Very Inspiring Blogger — that I could come to mind for this award is like a humongous gift to me that I cherish completely!
I would like to thank George at www.georgehayward.wordpress.com for the first nomination and Penny at www.thewhyaboutthis.com for the second. Each of these blogs is so chock full of Ah-mazing posts…you will not regret checking them out! I guarantee you will be hooked and want to follow! 🙂
Please know I am extremely honored that you both would choose me for this. If I’ve managed to inspire anyone….then I am a very very happy girl!! 😀
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Let’s see…7 things about me….
- I love Jane Austen – have read all her books and seen the movies. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite movie (A&E version with Colin Firth) but the newest release of Emma with Romola Garai by PBS Masterpiece is a close running second!
- I’m a wannabe techno-goob who plans on learning CSS!! This is gonna be fun! If my blog looks funny in the coming days you’ll know why! :p
- I homeschooled my 3 kids until this last school year (10 years total).
- If you haven’t read my first post – I have 3 amazing kids – 18 year old daughter, 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter.
- Every year on the day after Thanksgiving we have “Jamma Day” The rule of Jamma Day is to be as least productive as possible! With lots of leftovers from the day before we get to just relax, play games/video games, and watch movies. It is a cherished tradition began in 1998 – my husband (before he passed) and I created to purposely avoid Black Friday sales.
- I want to learn how to be a better photographer…travel with my kids and take awesome pictures – And then blog about it of course! 😉
- I stopped homeschooling in order to get a job (being now the sole provider). We were interrupted in many things with the fight for our home these past two years (see first post if you want to know more). Still searching while I try to figure out what career I will choose, preferably one from home – I want to be here for my kids as much as I can! 🙂
And now for the nominees I’ve chosen for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award – Do check them out if you get a chance! Each one has inspired me in so many ways I had to share this with them! 🙂
Congratulations to everyone! Keep doing what you do…you are all amazing! Blessings and best wishes for a wonderful day!!
34 thoughts on “~The Very Inspiring Blogger Award ~”
Congrats. You deserved it! 🙂
Thank you so much! Hugs!!! 😀
Congratulations Christina and thank you for including me 🙂
Thank you very very much! It really was my honor to share with you as I have gleaned much inspiration from your site. I hope you enjoy! Blessings! ~
This is great stuff Christina, congrats’ a double wamy fantastic, i’m enjoying your blog as your life’s journey has helped me to stay connected with humanity remembering what is important in life, happiness and joy is like ONE GREAT BIG PIE enough for everyone to share, thanks for including me in the very inspiring blog award, many more blessings.
“life life with definition”
Peter, you never fail to make me just smile with your eloquent praise and encouragement. 🙂 I do so love the analogy of One Great Big Pie of Happiness and Joy! It was my most sincere honor to share this with you as you have inspired me so much along the way!! Thank you for staying with me and for writing and inspiring…keep up the great work! Hugs and Blessings and Best Wishes for a wonderful day! ~
nobody deserves it at this point more than you do. congratulations, christina! and thanks for mentioning my page. it feels like standing among giants.
Wow…thank you so very very very much for your ever so sweet praise!! I am most grateful and honored to be able to share this award with you and to share you&your blog with my friends! You and I…will stand amongst the giants…for afterall I am just a little peanut 😀 !!! Hugs and Blessings friend! ~
😀 love the way you put it.
Well deserved, my little peanut, and thank you for the mention. AnElephantCant believe he deserves this.
Thank you so much and you are more than welcome!! LOL I have been just smiling and smiling “My little peanut” LOVE that!!! My whole day is made now 😀 And I’m most certain AnElephantCant believes correctly…so good that he is humble too! 😛
Thank you Christina…so honored!
I’m so glad Meryl!! Keep writing and sharing amazing photos…you do inspire me 😀 Hugs and Blessings! ~
Congratulations on getting your much deserved awards! And thank you so much for making my day by nominating me! Blessings! 🙂
Thank you so much for your most appreicated sweet praise! It was most definitely my honor to share this with you as I have often been inspired by you! Am very happy to bring some joy to your day 😀 Hugs and Blessings! ~
Congrats & thank you very much once again– I am currently getting some posts ready to accept a bunch of awards today and tomorrow so I will add this one– Thanks again & enjoy the rest of the weekend! 🙂
You’re most welcome! Again, it was my honor to share this with you 🙂 I will look forward to those posts. Best wishes for a wonderful day! Blessings! ~
Same to you, thanks! 🙂
I love #5…Jamma day! It’s so wonderful to slow down and just have fun every once in a while 🙂
It is my absolute favorite too!! We are usually guilty of it spilling over another day or two. The kids love it and it is most relaxing and rejuvenating!! We do this the day after Christmas too…it is most cherished because it’s so rare to be able to stop and smell the roses so to speak…and get such great quality time with the kids 🙂
Congrats & thanks for all of the inspiration that you share!
Thank you so very much Darlene! 🙂 It just makes me smile that my words could be considered inspirational…I’m so very honored. Blessings and Best Wishes for a wonderful day!! ~
If there is anyone worthy of receiving this award you are at the top of that list.
Your story, of courage against horrendous adversity, is truly inspiring and very deserving of these awards.
I thank you too for nominating me, in fact I’m immensely proud and pleased,and very touched that you think so highly of what I have written that you should nominate me, but I feel that to accept would be under false pretences as I do not consider what I write to be inspirational.
I just write about things that I feel I need to write about, sometimes it can be quite mundane stuff.
What YOU write, your story, and how you are managing to deal with the adversities that life has thrown at you, your poems… now that is inspiring!
Thank you once again for nominating me, I’ve got to stop now or I’ll change my mind! 🙂
Love n many hugs to you Christina 🙂
Keep safe,keep well.
Seadog, I’m so very very honored you would think so highly of what I’ve written, truly!!!
I understand if you don’t want to accept….wish you would change your mind! I wouldn’t have just ‘given’ it to you if I didn’t think you should have it…I will honor your request. If you change your mind though…come grab it 🙂 Love, hugs and many blessings! ~
Congratulations dear 😀
Thank you so much! 😀
Thank you! 🙂
Congratulations, Christina, you ARE inspiring 🙂
Oh thank you Subhan!! So much!! You’ve given me a huge smile today! 😀